CESIE is an European centre of Studies and Initiatives, established in 2001, inspired by the work and theories of the sociologist Danilo Dolci (1924-1997).
To promote growth through innovative and participative educational approaches.
The world to become only one creature.
The World is a pomegranate
CESIE’s pomegranate symbolises the ‘fruitful’ unity of people and groups growing together under the same peel. CESIE’s pomegranate grows on all types of grounds becoming for us symbol of prosperity in education.
CESIE breaks with an ethnocentric global drive and focuses on individuals and diversity.
Doing so, we apply the teaching of Danilo Dolci who developed innovative educational non-violent methods (such as the “strike in reverse” –working without pay- through which individuals initiated unauthorized public works projects, by and for the grass-roots in the ‘50 in Sicily).
…and CESIE’s world is upside-down!
Building on our experience and coherently to our story, we experience the possibility to overturn dynamics and approaches, aiming at a smarter and more sustainable worldwide future educational cooperation
- To improve lifelong education in Europe through transnational projects involving local communities
- To promote sustainable development of neighboring regions and beyond through training and education
- To foster progress and innovation in Higher Education and Research
- To support learning mobility for people at all ages, across borders and sectors
- To stimulate local growth by adapting international good practices and methods
Education promotes individual wellbeing and economic development of societies, stimulating innovation and entrepreneurship. We believe in education, …feeding economic growth!
CESIE develops integrated projects on the basis of social demands and with the participation of stakeholders and the various forms of social representations, meant to serve as a space for interaction of theory and practice, research and action, studies and initiatives – applying the holistic approach CESIE’s activities are based on.
Our Activities are tailored for the following main target groups:
- Children and families
- Civil Society Organizations/Education and Training providers
- Higher Education Institutions
- NEET [Not (engaged) in Education, Employment or Training]
- People with special needs
- Public authorities
- Victims of violence
- Vocational Education and Training centres
- Art and Culture
- Advocacy, promotion and campaining
- Best Practices
- Capacity building
- Community development
- Educational drop out
- Entrepreneurship and employment
- Gender and Sexuality
- Health, Food and Sports
- Innovation in Education
- Intercultural dialogue
- Intergenerational Dialogue
- Mobility Initiatives
- Open Educational Resources (OER) and e-learning
- Prevention initiatives
- Rights, equality and Citizenship
- Science, technology and energy
- Social inclusion and integration
- Sustainable development and environment
Synergy flows between CESIE’s five structural departments, working on:
You must be logged in to post a comment.